Increase resilience by understanding how to engage with people in a positive manner when working in a challenging environment. You will assess your own resilience then develop strategies to increase it, having an enormous impact on your capacity to cope with adversity.
We live in a world of accelerated change. In past centuries, change was gradual. In today’s world, we are experiencing change that is rapid and turbulent. The need for us to build our resilience is important if we are to adapt. Resisting change decreases our resilience. By trying to keep things the same, the chance that some future catastrophe will occur increases.
Resilience is also associated with greater job satisfaction, work happiness, organisational commitment, and employee engagement. Raising resilience contributes to improved self-esteem, sense of control over life events, sense of purpose in life, and improved employee interpersonal relationships.
Learning to be resilient can increase our tolerance to everyday stresses, building productivity and effectiveness. This workshop teaches participants how to increase their resilience by understanding how to engage with people in a positive manner when working in a challenging environment.
Participant’s come away with tools such as Mindfulness and the ABCDE of Optimism, as well as references for continued learning.
The workshop teaches participants to increase their tolerance to everyday stressors building productivity and effectiveness.
The three key workshop messages are:
- Change is not easy, so we need to pay attention constantly and consistently to positive thinking.
- Optimistic thinking creates resilience.
- Wellbeing, both physical and mental, has a direct impact on our everyday actions and relationships.
Specifically, learning outcomes are:
- Understanding the underlying causes of stress, and learn to become less easily emotionally triggered.
- How your thought patterns help or hinder your resilience.
- Building relationships that create trust.
- Developing a positive self-image.
- Improving your capacity to manage strong feelings and impulses.
- You will be introduced to life changing concepts of Emotional Intelligence,
- Mindfulness and Positive Psychology.
- How to use new and adaptive coping strategies to help deal with perpetually stressful environments, including the ABCDE of Optimism, the PERMAH model, and more.
- How using a coaching approach within an organisation can be an important strategy for increasing resilience.