Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program and the Skills and Training Incentive by Training Organisations
The Australian Government, through its Skills and Training Incentive (Incentive), is providing up to $2,200 (GST inclusive) to fund training to help mature age Australians to update their skills and remain in the workforce longer.
You are eligible for the Incentive if you:
- are aged 40 years or over
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- employed and at risk of entering the income support system, or recently unemployed (within 12 months)
- not registered for assistance through an Australian Government employment services program and,
- have completed a Skills Checkpoint assessment that identified training opportunities through the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program (Program).
You can find out more information about the Incentive and the Program by:
- visiting the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s website at https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-checkpoint-older-workers-program and https://www.dese.gov.au/skills-and-training-incentive; and
- contacting your local Program Provider, who can help you apply for the Program and potentially access the Incentive, using the details below:
|Organisation||States/territories in which the organisation delivers the program||Contact details|
|The BUSY Group Ltd||Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Northern Territory||
13 BUSY (13 28 79)
|VERTO Ltd||New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory||
1300 4 VERTO
(1300 483 786)
You may be able to obtain the Incentive in relation to training that we provide. However, we do not facilitate the Program and Incentive, and nor can we advise you about your eligibility.
Eligibility for the Incentive is subject to completing a Skills Checkpoint assessment and Career Plan that identifies suitable training opportunities, which you will need to discuss with your Program Provider. Your Skills Checkpoint Career Plan may identify suitable training opportunities that are not offered by us.
Please also note that you or your current employer must match the government contribution, up to the value of $2,200 (GST inclusive).